The editors of the Chemical Journal of Kazakhstan are interested in improving the quality and rating of the Journal. Therefore, they are making efforts to include the Journal in the international citation databases Scopus, Clarivate Analytics, Springer Nature. Articles containing the results of original research and the author's reviews on topical issues of chemical science are accepted for consideration.
Authors of articles submitting in Russian and Kazakh languages must provide a list of references in two versions: one in the original language (References), and the other in the Latin alphabet (References) in the form of a transliterated list. The latter list is included in the English block (structured resume and References), which is located at the end of the article.
All manuscripts are checked for plagiarism using the StrikePlagiarism.com system (contract). The manuscript is rejected from publication when borrowings are detected, and a coefficient of text originality is low (<75%). In case of a violation of research ethics, the Editors will request an explanation from the authors. If the problem cannot be resolved, the article will be retracted from publication.
Articles are accepted by the Editors through the online system for submitting and reviewing articles. The submitted article is assigned a registration number, which should be referred to in correspondence.
Obligations of AUTHORS
The authors of the manuscript must provide reliable results of the work done and an objective discussion of the research significance. The data underlying the work must be presented without errors. The description of materials and research methods should be detailed to reproduce it accurately and obtain appropriate results.
Reviews (including systematic reviews) must also be accurate and objective.
Submitting false information or knowingly erroneous statements in a manuscript will be considered a gross violation of publication ethics. The manuscript will be rejected for publication.
Evaluation and acceptance of PUBLICATIONS
After receiving the manuscript, assigning it a registration number, and notifying the authors, the Journal editor conducts an initial assessment of the manuscript's compliance with the Journal profile, relevance, and novelty. The article is sent for review to ensure the quality of the published article, the correctness and reliability of the presentation of the results, to maintain a high scientific and theoretical level of the publication, as well as to select the most relevant and practically significant scientific works.
Peer reviewers who are specialists in the field of research are appointed by the editor-in-chief.
The initial review is carried out within 14 working days. After the comments made, the manuscript is sent for initial revision (up to 7 calendar days).
The revised version of the text is sent for re-review (up to 14 working days). The reviewer gives an opinion on the publication or rejection of the article.
The scientific editor of the Journal makes comments, makes corrections and coordinates them with the authors (up to 7 calendar days). The editors reserve the right to shorten the text and make editorial changes, incl. in the title of the work.
After scientific editing, the text is sent to the literary editor. The literary editor checks the compliance of the manuscript formatting with the Journal Rules. He makes comments, makes corrections and coordinates them with the authors (up to 7 calendar days).
During the submission of the manuscript and the peer review, other manuscripts describing the same results cannot be simultaneously submitted for consideration to other periodicals.
The acceptance date for printing is the receipt dateof the version that meets all the requirements of the Journal. The order of publication is established by the date of acceptance of the article for publication.
Duties of REVIEWERS
Reviewing is carried out confidentially in the absence of a conflict of interest with the authors. Reviewers evaluate publications for compliance with the criteria of the Journal:
- design of the article, following the Rules for Authors;
- significance, originality;
- sufficiency of reference information in the introduction;
- correctness of the experiment setting and interpretation of the research results;
- whether the findings are supported by the results;
- clarity and consistency of presentation;
- quality of translation into English, Kazakh
The review includes comments and suggestions for the authors and contains the article receipt date by the Editorial Board and the review date.
The reviewer can make the following recommendations:
- “The article can be recommended for publication”. If the manuscript does not contain errors, meets the requirements of the relevance and originality of scientific research. In this case, the manuscript is included in the list of proposed publications in the Journal;
- “The article can be recommended for publication, subject to its revision following the reviewer's comments”. The article is sent to the authors for revision. After receiving the revised text and detailed replies to the comments, the editors send the article again for review by the reviewer. If the reviewer retains significant comments on the article, the article is rejected by the decision of the editorial board without the right for further
- “The article cannot be recommended for publication”. The article is either rejected or sent for re-review by the decision of the editorial board, which is possible only once for this article.