Development of the oil industry in Kazakhstan at the current stage is characterized by a decrease in the quality of the raw material base. In the total balance of fields under development, the fields that have entered the late stage of development prevail and, consequently, there is a significant deterioration in their structure, an increase in the share of hard-to-recover oil reserves, watering of beds and well production.One of the main challenges during the development of the field is the deposition of inorganic salts in the oilfield equipment.
This article describes the main reasons for the formation of solid inorganic deposits in oil fields, methods of scale inhibitors, as well as the classification of scale inhibitors. Presents the physical and chemical characteristics of the objects under study: the properties of oils and watersof Uzen and Zhetybai oil fields and the chemical reagents – inhibitors of scale formations.
Based on the results of laboratory studies, scale inhibitors were selected, which showed high efficiency (90 - 100 %) to prevent the precipitation of CaCO3, CaSO4 and BaSO4 under the conditions of Uzen and Zhetybai oil fields.
The study was conducted in the center of scientific and laboratory research branch of KMG Engineering LLP "KazNIPImunaygas".
- Nadirov N.K. (2001) Vysokovya zkiyeneftii prirodniye bitumy: Istoriya. Basseiny. Svoistva. Tom 1 [High-viscosity oils and natural bitumens: History. Basins. PropertiesVol. 1]. Almaty. pp. 360(in Russian)
- Bulekbaev Z.E., Vocalevskij Je.S., Iskuzhiev B.A., Kamalov S.M., Korostyshevskij M.N., Kuandykov B.M., Kuantaev N.E., Marchenko O.N., Matloshinskij N.G., NazhmetdinovA.Sh., Filip'ev G.P., Shabatin I.V., Shahabaev R.S., Shudabaev K.S. (1996) Mestorozhdenija nefti I gaza Kazahstana. Spravochnik [Oil and Gas Fields of Kazakhstan. Reference book] Almaty, pp. 325 (in Russian)
- Salov S.A., Ochered'ko T.B. (2017) Obosnovanie tehnologij bor'by s soleotlozhenija mi v skvazhinahMamontovskogoneftjanogomestorozhdenija. Otraslevyenauchnyeiprikladnyeissledovanija: Nauki o zemle.Vypusk 4 [Rationale for technologies to reduce salt deposits in the wells of the Mamontovskoye oil field. Industrial Scientific and Applied Research: Earth Sciences. Issue 4] pp. 51-73(in Russian)
- Kudrjashov S.I. (2006). Menedzhmentsoleotlozhenijanamestorozhdenijah «NK «Rosneft'». Neftegazovoedelo.Vypusk 2[Management of salt formation in the fields of Rosneft. Oil and Gas Business. Issue 2](in Russian)
- Jordan M.M., Mackey E.J. (2005) Scale control in deepwater fields: use interdisciplinary approach to control scale.World Oil, issue 9
- Mackay E.J., Collins E.R., Jordan M.M., Feasey N. (2003) SPE 80385, PWRI: Scale Formation Risk Assessment and Management, SPE 5th International Symposium on Oilfield Scale, Aberdeen
- Voloshin A.I., Ragulin V.V., Tyabayeva V.E., Diakonov I.I., Mackay E.J. (2003) SPE 80407 Scaling Problems in Western Siberia SPE 5th International Symposium on Oilfield Scale, Aberdeen
- Ragulin V., Mikhailov A., Latipov O., Voloshin A., Tyabayeva N., Mackay E. (2004) SPE 87461, Scale Management of Production Wells via Inhibitor Application in Supporting Injection Wells, 6th International Symposium on Olfield Scale held in Aberdeen
- Hormali A. (2018) Obosnovanie tehnologii predotvrashhenija soleotlozhenij v skvazhinnom oborudovaniii pri zabojnoj zone plastaprizavodneniikarbonatnyhkollektorov [Rationale for preventing salt deposition in downhole equipment and in the bottomhole formation zone when waterflooding carbonate reservoirs] Saint-Petersburg, pp. 175(in Russian)
- Kamaletdinov R.S. (2009). Obzorsushhestvujushhihmetodovpreduprezhdenijaibor'by s soleotlozheniem v pogruzhnomoborudovanii. Inzhenernajapraktika. Pilotnyjvypusk [Review of existing methods for preventing and reducing scaling in downhole equipment. EngineeringPractice. Pilotissue] pp. 12-14(in Russian)
- Kashchavtsev V.E., Mishchenko I.T. (2004) Soleobrazovaniyepridobichenefti [Salt-formation during oil production]. Moscow: Orbita-M, pp. 432 (in Russian)